Sandratreasa
Thanked 0 time

Pet for a flat

Im thinking of getting a cat for my flat and some people are telling me its not a good idea as I live on the 4th floor and I dont have a balcony

Any suggestions

Posted 6 years ago
shoppingchick
Thanked 0 time

Re: Pet for a flat

a  cat would be fine just keep her litter tray in the bathroom? if he /she never goes outside they won't miss it x goodluck

Posted 6 years ago
JennyCup
Thanked 0 time

Ferrets are also fun indoor pets to have and use a litter box too. I had one while growing up but she passed away 3 months before I turned 18.

Posted 5 years ago
Lindsayanng
Thanked 0 time

If i were you, I would get a cat. Rabbits and ferrets are AWESOME pets, but they are much MUCH more needy than a cat. Rabbits and ferrets can be kept two ways.. in a cage or out of a cage. If you keep them out of a cage, you have to proof your ENTIRE HOUSE because they can squeeze into little holes and they WILL eat paper, cables, anything in their way.. they chew like nuts

if you keep them in a cage, you need to give them at least 2 hours of out of cage time every day in a room where you can watch them closely so they dont chew

I lived in a second floor apartment and kept a litter box in the bathroom. I had flushable litter and it was perfectly fine. My apartment was about 600 sq feet (REALLY STINKING SMALL) and I had 4 cats living in there at one point and because i kept up with the box, no one was able to "smell" that I had cats.. Unless you walks by the box right as one was doing her duty..

Get a cat.. it will be very happy indoors only.. get some laser pointers to keep him energizes and have fun.. Also, if you are worried about your furniture being clawed DO NOT DECLAW - its inhumane in every aspect.. Instead, they sell these SOFT PAWS which are little caps that you put over their nails that make them rubber. I now have a house but have 6 cats and all my indoor kitties have these caps. You can even get them in cute colors

Posted 5 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?