Thanked 0 time

domestic violence

has any one ever gone through this?

Posted 6 years ago
becq79
Thanked 0 time

Re: domestic violence

Unfortunately yes.

My ex was very abusive and I went through 9 months of hell with that bastard - he choked me, kicked me when I was pregnant, hit, took my money, used me etc.

As for taking my money, I received a $30,000 payout and it was gone within a year. He took advantage of me and basically "brain-washed" me.

He then had the nerve to date my best friend and do exactly the same to her.

Are you ok hon? *hugs*

Posted 6 years ago
tiffanyd_24
Thanked 0 time

my mother dealt with this her first marriage. the guy used to twist her legs around each other and the dr said one leg was longer than the other. he locked her in the house and would not let her out, and made her wear mens clothing on top of the beatings he constantly gave her. finally, one day, after about a year of this all,  he busted the corner of her lip and she looked in the mirror and saw blood, she took him by his throat, put him up against the wall, and kneed him in the balls so hard that he slithered down the wall and when he could actually move from the floor, he left her for good.
   my advice to you girl, do the same, dont let anyone ever make you feel weak and like you are any less of a woman, you are strong and need to show him that. so go  make him infertile! xoxo

Posted 6 years ago
betti
Thanked 0 time

far out. thank god it didn't turn out like that for me, i'm not good with pain, well on a good note it's gonna cost him to get the dents out the roller door of his garage.

Posted 6 years ago
camiejain
Thanked 0 time

Well, I too have been through it. I was married to an abusive man. We were together in all, 3 1/2 years. Thats 3 1/2 years too long. I had my nose broken at least 2 times, bruises all over me. Several black eyes from the nose being broken, a separated shoulder, etc. But even worse sometimes than the pain is the emotional and mental abuse. He made me feel worthless, no, actually he TRIED to make me feel that way. But guess what? He didn't succeed! I finally left! The night he broke my nose the worst (I am really not sure of the other times, because he wouldn't take me to the hospital) but this time he was going to let me go to the hospital on the condition that he didn't have to go in, ha! I wish I would have went, but at the time my cousin worked in the e.r. and I was embarrassed. Well, I came up with a plan. I was going to send him to get me a coke from a gas station about 5 miles away. Yes, this worked, because by then he was in that sugar & spice, I;m sorry bull crap. Well, I was going to take my car and fly outta there. But, when I tried to open the door of the house, I couldn't. He had a chain from the door to the edge of the porch. Well, I finally thought to pop open the screen out of the bedroom window. But by the time I could do that and realize that I was up high, I got scared that it was time for him to be back, so I chickened out. Well, then comes the usual sugar and lace b.s. where he apologizes like crazy and buys me things. Ha! I finally left not long after that! I could write a book about all the things he did to me. My only regret is that I never had him arrested. Wish I would have. I haven't seen him in years (thank goodness!) but I heard he was remarried. That poor girl! I know from my own experience that we women sometimes think that the guy will change or that we can help them. Nope. Not in most cases. They have a disease, an illness, whatever you want to call it. And its not gonna change, except maybe for the worst. Oh and he tried every trick in the book to get me back: I will go to therapy; I will go to church; I will buy you a new car, etc. My domestic violence counselor predicted every on of those things, except maybe the car, but it could be any random good gesture. But he sux and I don't even let him have the privilege of crossing my mind much.  That was about 6 years ago and I am happily married to the man of my dreams. ANd for all you women out there, I want you to know that it can be better. Life can be better and you DESERVE better. So if anyone ever wants to talk to me or needs advice, support or just a shoulder (internet shoulder, lol) please feel free to talk to me. Maybe we could start some sort of support group or something. Have a great night girls! I love yall all on here, its the best site!

Posted 6 years ago
camiejain
Thanked 0 time

Oh, and I am soooooooo sorry that my above was so long!  lol

Posted 6 years ago
camiejain
Thanked 0 time

We woman are strong! Each one of you deserve the best & no less! We are woman, hear us roar!  :twisted:

Posted 6 years ago
camiejain
Thanked 0 time

Dang it, I wish I had thought of those things, just kidding. I was too scared to even try to hit him with anything cause he was huge, as in into bodybuilding huge. He overpowered me by about 125 more pounds. I was afraid if I kicked him where it hurts, I wouldn't be able to run fast enough. I was always scared. I dreaded him coming home. Being strangled, kicked in the stomach, back, etc. that **it is bananas, lol. No seriously, I wish there would be some way that he could feel what I felt in every emotion: physical, mental, and verbal. Oh well. Life goes on. We girls are strong and deserve freedom & happiness! You go girls, all of you who have wrote on this forum. I am proud of you all. Domestic violence affects so many, the woman, the kids, the family, etc.

Posted 6 years ago
camiejain
Thanked 0 time

Yeah, love does make you do crazy things,lol. Fortunately for me I didn't end up with another abusive person. I have heard about that cycle as well. I finally found my prince charming. He treats me the way a woman should be treated. His granny had a lot to do with that. He admires his granny like crazy and she had a hand in helping raise him and she taught him to respect women. I thank God for sending him my way. I have been so happy with him. I know it sounds cliche, but like the song goes, "God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you..." Rascall Flatts. Have a great day girls, I gotta get back to work, lol.  :cry:

Posted 6 years ago
purplemoon
Thanked 0 time

WOW!!! i must have missed this topic!
Hands up for all the ladies who's been down and got up to fight back.

When i was dating my ex bf, i just realize that he practically abused me mentally. He sometimes treated me like an ugly duckling, saying stuff like i can get another girl 10x better than you etc..
Finally! I got out from that relationship after found out that he couldnt decided his mind over this one girl. That's it! I just said "bye bye baby!"
I cried and cried, took some sleeping pill and hope the pain went away..But the next day i still got up. I decided to go to my friend house that day and found out that my best friend been abused by her boyfriend. She almost fell to the gutter because that guy pushed her. Little did i know that her boyfriend slapped her couples of times and calling her "bitch". So we both ended up crying together.

I couldnt forget that day!

The happy story afterward now : WE both get married to a nice man. She already has two kids, her husband is wonderful. He's soo patience and just loving her soo dearly. My husband is wonderful too.. He's just simply my bestfriend now. We talk about everything, even my swapping schedule..:) Usually he just laughed and start talking about his products and i ended up fall asleep...
LOL!!

Soo...for all who's still in abusive condition. Please get out of it ASAP!! There's a better world outside your fence...

Posted 6 years ago
annastevens
Thanked 0 time

My baby's dad was abusive, primarily sexual (no way I'da got knocked up otherwise).

I send you :hugs: and all I can say is get out!  It is SO important to report him (I didn't, and now my daughter will be abused because of it) so that the next girl will have it a little easer, or maybe there won't be a next girl.  I think the other women who've been abused will agree with me.  If you have one mark, report him asap!  Best wishes!

Posted 6 years ago
farzana
Thanked 0 time

sorry to hear your story... i hope your mom gets stronger and happier every day.  don't ever settle for someone like that, you girls all deserve better! 

((hugs))

Posted 6 years ago
ms_shotgunopera
Thanked 0 time

betti wrote:

coped a shiner of one guy the other day and had my head slammed into his garage door 3 times. just feeling shit.

oh my god, are you okay?! you need to call the police on this loser!

Posted 6 years ago
SammySunshine
Thanked 0 time

I am saddened by this Tiff , you are a gorgeous loving beautiful strong girl , and a survivor , you should not have to go through this and you do not deserve it , you always put others before yourself and make everyone around you happy

I hope you and Pops are doing well , babe , I will send u a msg ok honey

Love you always my favourite Adelaide girl

Sammy
xx

Posted 6 years ago
ms_shotgunopera
Thanked 0 time

SammySunshine wrote:

I am saddened by this Tiff , you are a gorgeous loving beautiful strong girl , and a survivor , you should not have to go through this and you do not deserve it , you always put others before yourself and make everyone around you happy

I hope you and Pops are doing well , babe , I will send u a msg ok honey

Love you always my favourite Adelaide girl

Sammy
xx

she wont reply, she hasnt been online since she wrote this message.

Posted 6 years ago

Board footer

Join in!

open your world wide wardrobe

don't use facebook ?